What are ALS Care Services Coordinators?
Our chapter has a team of experts that serve people with ALS completely free of charge.
Our compassionate Care Services Coordinators are available to help maximize health, independence, mobility, safety and communication. This team of professionals provide expert advice and assistance for people living with ALS, free of charge.
Each person with ALS who registers with our chapter is connected to a professional Regional Care Services Coordinator with extensive knowledge of ALS and local resources. These services are provided regardless of where you live in the State of Oregon or the Washington State counties of Clark, Skamania, Cowlitz, Pacific, Klickitat, or Wahkiakum. We are here for everyone facing this disease.
Through virtual and in-person home visits, phone calls, e-mails and collaboration with ALS Multidisciplinary Clinics teams and medical providers, Care Services Coordinators are able to:
- Help families navigate common challenges of living with ALS
- Guide families through their health insurance and government benefits
- Facilitate loans of vital medical equipment and communication devices
- Demonstrate light tech, adaptive technology for improved communication
- Facilitate demonstrations of equipment through local vendors for improving safety, mobility, and independence
- Help families implement recommendations from medical professionals
- Find and access local resources, including support groups and educational materials in English and Spanish
- Provide access to Chapter programs and events, including educational webinars, support groups, and community gatherings
- Provide information and resources about ALS research, including assistance in locating and participating in ALS clinical trials
- Connect people to opportunities to engage in federal and state legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of the ALS community
Once you register with the Oregon and SW Washington Chapter, you will begin receiving free, personalized services, regardless of insurance or immigration status. You will be partnered with a Care Services Coordinator who will work with you to determine your current and future needs. Studies show that people with ALS who receive comprehensive care that is tailored to their individual needs often experience an increased quality of life.
Our office is open Monday-Friday. Please contact us at 503-238-5559 or at email@example.com
The chapter has a robust staff and our entire team is here to help.