Care Services Coordination
Our team of professional Care Services Coordinators provide expert advice and assistance for people living with ALS, free of charge.
Each person with ALS who registers with our chapter is connected to a professional Regional Care Services Coordinator with extensive knowledge of ALS and local resources. We are here for everyone facing this disease. Our compassionate Care Coordinators are available to help maximize health, independence, mobility, safety and communication.
Through virtual and in-person home visits, phone calls, e-mails and collaboration with ALS Multidisciplinary Clinics teams and medical providers, Care Services Coordinators are able to:
- Help families navigate common challenges of living with ALS
- Guide families through their health insurance and government benefits
- Facilitate loans of vital medical equipment and communication devices
- Demonstrate low tech, adaptive technology for improved communication
- Facilitate demonstrations of equipment through local vendors for improving safety, mobility, and independence
- Help families implement recommendations from medical professionals
- Find and access local resources, including support groups and educational materials in English and Spanish
- Provide access to Chapter programs and events, including educational webinars, support groups, and community gatherings
- Provide information and resources about ALS research, including assistance in locating and participating in ALS clinical trials
- Connect people to opportunities to engage in federal and state legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of the ALS community
Contact us now to register with the Oregon and SW Washington Chapter and begin receiving free, personalized services, regardless of insurance or immigration status. You will be partnered with a Care Services Coordinator who will work with you to determine your current and future needs. Studies show that people with ALS who receive comprehensive care that is tailored to individual needs often experience an increased quality of life.
Our office is open Monday-Friday. Please contact us at 503-238-5559 or at firstname.lastname@example.org