The Northeast ALS Consortium (NEALS) provides the most accurate and up-to-date resource for information on both federally and privately funded clinical studies focusing on ALS and other similar motor neuron diseases.
You can locate both interventional trials, which examine if an experimental treatment is effective and safe under controlled environments, and observational trials, which examine people in more natural environments to collect information about their disease without giving an intervention.
How to Use the Clinical Trial Search
To search for an enrolling interventional (drug) clinical trial in your area:
1. Click on Advanced Trial Search button
2. Click the state where you live in the Location pull down menu
3. Click Enrolling under Study Status heading
4. Click Interventional Trial under Type of Study heading
5. Click blue Search Button at the bottom of the page
This will list all currently enrolling clinical trials in your area that are testing a drug. Using the Advanced Trial Search tab, you can further narrow down trials by selecting additional criteria.
Local Clinical Trials
- Oregon Health & Science University
- For information about trials that are currently enrolling at OHSU ALS Center, please contact (503) 494-7269.
- Providence ALS Center
- For information about trials that are currently enrolling at Providence ALS Center, please contact (503) 215-8580.
Learn more about ALS research and clinical trials:
Contact an ALS Trial Liaison
Please contact Northeast ALS Consortium at (855) 437-4823 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about clinical trials. They are available to answer all your questions, help navigate the NEALS clinical trial database, and can help you enroll in a trial.